The best Temperature Controller
The best temperature controller for grow tent should control heating and cooling devices, maintain an ideal temperature in the grow room within a range of 1°C (up to 2°C) on either side of the desired set point.
- Inkbird ITC-308 – The Best Temperature Controller for Grow Tent
- Inkbird PID Temperature Controller Kit
- BN-LINK Grow Digital Temperature Controller
- Inkbird Indoor Temperature and Humidity Controller
- AC Infinity Wi-Fi Temperature and Humidity Controller for grow tents
The device should be able to handle up to 7 fans or other heating/cooling devices at any one time. It should have a digital readout for easy adjustment. The controller should be easy to set up and simple to use.
- TOP Rated Temperature Controllers – Reviews
- How to choose a temperature controller for your grow room?
- What types there are Temperature Controller for grow room?
As the above describes the perfect scenario, some compromises will need to made if trying to achieve this while keeping costs down. Cheaper controllers may only control two heaters (for example) but enable you to monitor the temperature of every grow room in your home.
Similarly, cheaper devices ‘drop out’ of maintaining an exact temperature once it gets within 1°C on either side off the desired set point – which is not a major problem for many growers who understand that fluctuations are inevitable even with expensive equipment, yet less than ideal for precision-based growing environments where measures under 0.1°C are necessary.
TOP Rated Temperature Controllers – Reviews
Best Temperature Controller for grow tent
|Inkbird Temperature Controller Outlet|
Best PID Temperature Controller Kit
|Inkbird PID Temperature Controller Kit|
Best Grow Digital Temperature Controller
|BN-LINK Digital Thermostat Controller|
The Best Temperature Controller for grow tent
Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller Outlet Review
Powerful programmable thermostat with two heating/cooling modes. Best for use in grow tents when maintaining specified temperatures is important to prevent mold or bacteria growth.
Top benefits of Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller 2-Stage Outlet Thermostat Heating and Cooling Mode
- Dual relay
- Maximum output load: 1100W(110V)
- High and low temperature alarms are available
- Displays measured temperature and set temperature at the same time
Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller 2-Stage Outlet Thermostat Heating and Cooling Mode have many benefits that make it the best temperature controller on the market.
Dual relay, maximum output load: 1100W(110V), high and low-temperature alarms are available, displays measured temperature and set the temperature at the same time.
The dual relay allows Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller 2-Stage Outlet Thermostat Heating and Cooling Mode to power refrigeration equipment as conditions change
- Temperature Control Range：-50~120 °C / -58~248 ° F
- Temperature Resolution：0.1 ° C / 0.1° F
- Temperature Accuracy：±1°C (-50 ~ 70°C) / ±2°F (-58 ~ 160° F)
Heating and Cooling Power Socket
- Temperature Control Mode：On/Off Control, Heating and Cooling
- Input Power：100 ~240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz
- Temperature Control Output：Max. 10A, 100V ~240V AC
- Relay Contact Capacity：Heating (10A, 100-240VAC)/Cooling (10A, 100-240VAC)
Plug & Play
- Buzzer Alarm：High and Low Temperature Alarm
- Ambient Temperature：-30~ 75 ° C / -22~ 167 ° F
- Dimension (Main Body)：5.5×2.7×1.3 inch (140x68x33mm)
- Sensor Type：NTC sensor (Including)
- Sensor Length：1.8m / 6.0ft
- Input Power Cable Length： 6ft ( 2m)
- Dual relay, maximum output load: 1100W (110V).
- High and low temperature alarms are available.
- Displays measured temperature and set temperature at the same time.
- The dual relay allows Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller 2-Stage Outlet. Thermostat Heating and Cooling Mode to power refrigeration equipment as conditions change.
- Powerful programmable thermostat with two heating/cooling modes.
- The probe seems to be the weak point.
Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller 2-Stage Outlet Thermostat Heating and Cooling Mode is the best temperature controller on the market. It has a dual relay, maximum output load: 1100W (110V), high and low-temperature alarms are available, displays measured temperature, and set the temperature at the same time.
The dual relay allows Inkbird to power refrigeration equipment as conditions change. A powerful programmable thermostat with two heating/cooling modes makes this device a must-buy for those who need to control temperatures in their grow tent or greenhouse.
The Best PID Temperature Controller Kit
Inkbird PID Temperature Controller Kit Review
An All-in-one kit holds everything you need to create a basic PID controller. Choose the right size and type for your project and select one of three available sensors: K Type Thermocouple, SSR 40DA Solid State Relay, or 3W(SS) sensor types (such as Cu500).
One digital display indicates real-time temperature and setpoint. The other display is used to set the setpoints manually. Both displays show Centigrade and Fahrenheit readings at the same time
The included instructions make installation easy.
Top benefits of Inkbird PID Temperature Controller Kit
- Simple and Effective.
- It will work with both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- The timer is easy to set, so it’s easy to program when you want the device turned off.
Inkbird PID Temperature Controller Kit is a great kit to help you create your own customized temperature controller.
Three different types of sensors, depending on what you’re trying to control: K Type Thermocouple, SSR 40DA Solid State Relay, or 3W(SS) sensor types (such as Cu500).
The kit includes the controller and heatsink, along with one digital display that shows real-time temperature and set point.
With this kit, even if you are not an expert at electronics or programming but have some basic knowledge about electronics and want to learn more about how these work then this is a great place to start!
- Voltage 100ACV to 240ACV.
- Comes with SSR 40DA Solid State Relay.
- K Type Thermocouple, and White Heat Sink.
- Doesn’t have the ability to work with anything but K Type Thermocouple sensors.
Inkbird PID Temperature Controller Kit is a great kit to help you create your own customized temperature controller. Its simple design and easy-to-read interface make it perfect for beginners who want to learn more about the inner workings of electrics, as well as advanced users looking for a customizable solution.
The included SSR 40DA Solid State Relay makes this an excellent option if you need a larger control range or more current output than what pre-made controllers offer. With three different types of sensors available, there’s no limit on how creative you can get with customizing your system!
The Best Grow Digital Temperature Controller
BN-LINK Digital Thermostat Controller Review
The BN-LINK Digital Cooling Thermostat Controller is designed to control airflow for small cooling devices like circulators, box fans, and more.
It has a hanging loop for easy use in tight spaces and includes one grounding plug with three prongs.
The thermostat controller features LED lights that show the current status of the device even when not using it. This model comes with an ETL listing which makes it UL listed for meeting safety requirements. Conforms to UL Std No. 60730-1, 60730-2-9 (LONGEST).
The temperature control range is 40 – 108°F; temperature display ranges are 32 – 140°F.
Top benefits of BN-LINK Digital Cooling Thermostat Controller
- Keeps your small cooling devices cool.
- Comes with a 6-foot safe cord for ease of use.
- Has LED lights to show status in dark environments.
The BN-LINK Digital Thermostat Controller is for small cooling devices. It has LED lights so you can see when the device is controlled. The controller features a convenient hanging tab and a bright, easy-to-read display inside a tough plastic housing. Digital display supports units in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Uses a digital display to set the desired temperature.
- The unit can be in Fahrenheit or Celsius degrees.
- Works with 240V power supply voltage.
- Has a sensor probe for a thermostat accuracy.
- Supports blocking mode (useful for preventing hot spots during flowering) “Custom” set points lets you enter specific temperatures rather than choosing presets Supports up to 8 devices.
- The Unit is unable to accurately measure or control temperatures below 20 degrees Celsius.
The BN-LINK Digital Thermostat Controller is a powerful and accurate device that can be used to regulate the temperature of your grow room. The unit has many features, such as supporting up to 8 devices, blocking mode.
“Custom” set points let you enter specific temperatures rather than choosing presets Supports up to 8 devices. It also uses digital displays with Fahrenheit or Celsius degrees.
If you are looking for an easy way to regulate the temperature in your grow room without having any experience using thermostats before this would be a great choice!
The Best Indoor Temperature and Humidity Controller
Inkbird Temperature and Humidity Controller Review
The Inkbird Temperature and Humidity Controller is a smart solution for homebrewers, gardeners, and others to accurately measure and regulate the temperature and humidity levels in your area. The device automatically switches between heating or cooling power to maintain the desired range of temperatures without needing to manually adjust it.
Top benefits of Inkbird Temperature and Humidity Controller
- Automatically switches between heating and cooling power to maintain the desired range without manual adjustment.
- Centigrade or Fahrenheit degree display can be easily set.
- Supporting calibration, compressor delay and saving reset setting values.
- More power up to 1800W. Temperature control range is -40-212°F(-40-100℃), humidity display range is 5 -99.0%RH. Max Loading: 120V 15A 1800W.
- Temperature senor is waterproof while humidity sensor is not.
This device automatically switches between heating or cooling power to maintain the desired range without needing to manually adjust it. This is an important feature for those with a lot of different plants in their grow tent, as the temperature and humidity can vary significantly from one end of the tent to another.
The automated settings make it easy for them not only to control these aspects but also monitor them – they will know if there are any problems before they become too serious.
- Compatible with most climate zones.
- Dual zone controller.
- Protects plants from frost.
- Automatically turns on when the temperature reaches a set point.
- Turns off when the desired temperature is achieved.
- It doesn’t seem like it is always accurate
If you’re looking for a reliable, weatherproof, and easy-to-use controller that automatically turns on when the temperature reaches your desired set point – this is it!
We recommend it if you want an automated solution with great features like dual-zone control or protection from frost all at an affordable price.
Wi-Fi Temperature and Humidity Controller for grow tents
AC Infinity Smart Wi-Fi Controller Review
AC Infinity Smart Bluetooth Fan Controller with Temperature, Humidity, and Timer Controls is an intelligent controller that’s designed to enhance fans like the AC Infinity CLOUDLINE series of inline duct fans with smart controls to maintain a stable climate.
It features three brightness levels; two auto-brightness settings; read temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius; has a 12-foot sensor probe with waterproof thermally head; includes four-pin Molex fan ports for pairing two devices together; supports advanced programs like automated triggers, timers, cycling on/off, and scheduling.
Top benefits of AC Infinity Smart Bluetooth Controller
- Monitor temperature and humidity using on board LCD screen
- Automatically program fan to turn on when conditions are met, including custom thresholds
- Programmable timer functions include on/off cycling, scheduled programming, and length of time in use
- Maintains optimal climate; adjusts fan speed based on real time information from sensor probe to maintain steady airflow.
One of the biggest benefits of using this product is that you will be able to monitor the temperature and humidity throughout your grow tent by reading it on an LCD screen. You can program it so that when certain conditions are met, like if the humidity level drops below a certain number, then it will turn on automatically for you!
This means no more having to guess what’s going on in your grow room or checking up on things every hour or two. The timer functions include programmed intervals, scheduled programming, and length of time in use.
If there was ever anything wrong with your AC Infinity Smart Bluetooth Fan Controller with Temperature, Humidity, and Timer Controls all you need do is connect securely via Bluetooth.
- Build quality is excellent and it feels really well made. The body has a nice metal feel to it.
- Auto mode is perfect if the temperature and humidity levels don’t need adjusting as you grow your crops all season long.
- Temperature adjustments are super accurate and the controller takes into consideration what plant life you’re growing (ie: how much LIGHT they get, etc). Humidity settings work equally as great!
- Connectivity with WiFi is very quick and easy to set up. I had no issues on my end whatsoever. App works reliably on Android or iPhone devices for that matter too!
- Finally running at 100% power 24/7 without worrying about micromanaging the fan speeds manually.
- The system can be a bit glitchy when you start changing fan speeds manually while it’s trying to run in Auto mode. It’ll switch between different speeds too often which becomes frustrating at times! I recommend completely quitting out of the app if you need to make manual changes, then open it back up again. Or just leave it on auto and forget about the whole thing.
This is a great controller that can be left to work on its own or customized manually. The only downside I found was the app’s inconsistency when trying to change fan speeds while in Auto mode, but it does not affect performance much at all. If you’re looking for an upgrade over your current system, this may be perfect for you!
How to choose a temperature controller for your grow room?
If you are a beginner, then it is important that you know what a good temp controller means and why it helps to keep the correct temperature in your grow tent. There are various models of controllers available in the market with different features. It is necessary to consider these things while buying a new controller.
Different types of Sensor probe
The sensor probe is used to check the environmental conditions within the grow room such as humidity level, CO2, Temperature, etc. The normal probes come with point-style probes which may not detect the exact condition at the plant level unless placed close enough to them or hung over them. So, if you need a perfect humidity control then opt for a digital sensor probe that is more accurate and comes with the capability of programming directly from a controller.
Accurate Temperature Control
A good controller should help you control your grow room temperature so that it remains in sync with plant needs at different stages or seasons. Generally, a controller regulates or modifies the speed of fans(exhaust/intake) to pull CO2 into the grow room environment when needed.
In short, an efficient temp controller should have the following features:
– Auto mode sets thresholds according to season or phase of growth
– Adjustable fan speed for proper airflow Consistent temperatures at each corner of your grow space can be reached by positioning two separate sensors over plants spaced on either side of the room. A temperature probe placed at plant level will more accurately detect actual temperature conditions. The temperature range on most controllers is between 40° F to 110° F (4°C – 43°C). If your grow room tends to get hotter than this, it may be necessary to install an auxiliary cooling system such as air conditioning, fans, or misting(small water sprayers).
Most humidity controllers come with built-in hygrometers that measure relative humidity only. Some higher-end digital models can also record dew point temperatures. Low-end models might not include a hygrometer, so you would have to purchase one separately and connect via analog input pins on the device. The accurate humidity controller should have the following features:
- Able to read both temperature and humidity levels
- Programmable misting capabilities
- Ability to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit units.
Data loggings & Alerts
When you buy a temperature controller, it is important that you get access to all the data which is being recorded so that you can check them later for future reference. Although most of the basic models do not provide such features high-end controllers provide such kind of data logging and alerts which helps in the long run or troubleshooting etc. it’s just like getting an insurance for your grow tent! These types of controllers will also allow you to schedule timed events for your growing areas such as a fan to turn on or off, a pump to start or a misting cycle.
There are some other additional features that can be considered while choosing the best controller for you. For example- Automatic nighttime settings that will protect your plants from light-related stress and keep fans running at very low settings that won’t disturb plant growth through noise or air movement. Some controllers also come with built in timers that will switch lights on and off for you daily using sunrise/sunset calculations, these controllers are recommended by horticulture industry professionals because it saves energy costs needed to power the ballast ,extends lamp life and provides more accurate control of photoperiods.
A good controller should always be placed in a location which is easily accessible and provides easy access to all the ports and sensors. Some people mount controllers on wall or ceiling while some others place it under their grow tables for easy reach. However, most of the time such kind of mounting is not possible so you need to buy a stand for your controller but its better idea to choose one which can be mounted anywhere required.
Electric tools are generally costly than manual ones , however there are exceptions. So when choosing a controller, consider your budget and go for the most suitable one with advanced features and affordable price rather than going for the cheapest one just because many other growers have recommended it.
What types there are Temperature Controller for grow room?
All types of Temperature Controller can be used as a Grow Tent Temperature Controller. Such as 1) Analog Thermostats 2) Digital Thermostats 3) Hygrometers 4) Humidistats 5) Wired Controllers 6) Wireless Controllers 7) Others.
Best Temperature Controller for greenhouse use is Analog Thermostat. For cabinet growing, you should buy a Digital thermometer with a humidity controlling function.
In addition, here are some other factors that affect which controller you should choose: The range of working voltage or current of your devices (lamp, fan etc.), space and mounting type, budget and extra features desired.
Analog temperature controller is the most popular controller type for growers. Analog controllers can be used as a grow tent temperature controller and has one big advantage – it is very cost-effective! It works using electricity, so you need to take special care during installation (especially if you use grow lamps).
Digital Temperature Controller uses microprocessor chip and digital display which helps you set your desired temperature or humidity level easily. You can buy a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) controller instead of Low Voltage DC-controlled analog thermostats because this method saves energy better than low voltage controllers such as PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) and protects your equipment from overloads again unlike other types of digital temp control.
These low voltage controllers are more expensive than PWM controller. The thing that separates Digital Thermostat from other temperature controller types is the remote sensor safety feature, in which the thermostat will not allow cooling or heating if its main probe has been disconnected. This is a cost-saving feature because when any of the sensors breaks, you don’t need to buy an entire unit just change the faulty sensor.
Hygrometers and Humidistats are also called as humidity controllers for grow tent use. These products measure relative humidity (RH) inside your growing area and control it according to your desired level. They can maintain both indoor and outdoor climate parameters like temperature, relative humidity, dew point, heat index, wind chill and air quality.
This is the most advanced controller type for growing tents because it also has dew point calculations to determine if your plants are in danger of getting too humid or dry due to your chosen setting. These features make these controllers popular with seasoned indoor growers.
Wired Controller gives you all the control you need over an electrical system in one small package. They work by sensing when current is lost (at turn on), which sets off a timer that cycles power to your lights until they come on again (at the turn off).
You can program this timer to match your photoperiod, allowing you complete control of overheating / cooling needs as well as lighting schedules from one convenient place.
The drawback of using wired controllers is that you need to secure their position and prevent them from being unplugged due to frequent plugging/unplugging lights, fans etc. If one sensor or timer fails, your entire system can fail to work properly causing damage to your plants and other growing equipment.
Wireless Temperature Controller takes the hassle out of managing lights and other devices by controlling both sensings and timed functions all together with a single unit.
You can control anything that uses standard outlet plugs just like you would any standard multi-outlet power strip such as heating accessories, exhaust fans, CO2 generators, humidifiers/dehumidifiers and more! It works by using remote sensors with built-in timers to monitor the temperature and humidity of your grow area (or rooms like cloning or seedling room).
You can use the wireless controller as a grow tent temperature controller by positioning sensors close enough to plants. The most important thing is that you don’t need to plug/unplug anything, because everything will turn on/off automatically!
Wireless Temperature Controller uses 2 power modes – transmitting (relays plugged into the main controller) and receiving (built-in timer plugs into outlet). If one mode fails, another mode will still work properly. So, using many relays won’t be a problem if an occasional relay fails.
Heat Cable & Stove Thermostats
Heat cable is used for heating equipment only. It is not flexible and cannot be used on reflective materials. For best result, wrap it around a pipe, A/C unit or anything that carries heat away from the plant. Stove thermostat can control oven and stove heating elements making your grow room temperature more stable for indoor gardening.
Stand alone Controllers
Stand Alone Controllers are designed with different methods to maintain optimal growing conditions for your plants without using any other equipment as a controller. They have built-in humidistats as well as heater/cooler timers that run independently of each other.
This type of stand-alone controller is not compatible with light timer function but works by itself to keep your room climate set point steady within the desired range throughout the day and night!
A good way of using a stand-alone controller is to enable furnace / air conditioning function for evening hours and disable it during the day. Any time you need to protect your plants from bad weather, use this mode.
Custom Controllers are designed for unique growing projects. They can be used as home controllers, car heaters, aquarium heaters/coolers, etc. A custom controller works by sensing temperature(s) under its metal cover and controlling one or several heating coils or cooling fans to maintain optimal growing conditions throughout your rooms!
You can even control a mix of devices using a single sensor! But remember that every device uses up power so keeping too many on at once can lead to very high electricity bills! This kind of controllers has built-in relays and timers that can be easily programmed making your grow room temperature more stable.
DIY (Do It Yourself) Controllers:
Growers often use light timer to automate light cycles without using any other equipment such as temperature controller. If you only need to control lighting schedule, this is the cheapest way of controlling lights in your growing area! You can even make a cheap wireless temperature controller.
Another way of automating the plant’s life cycle is with a little help from PC fans and a power strip! This type of control allows you to control PC fans directing airflow over hot grow lamps during the vegetation stage and extract hot air out during flowering. This is an excellent solution for small indoor growing areas where you don’t need to control the whole room climate, but only the lighting schedule and/or PC fans!
Tips & Tricks
If you’re using a single temperature sensor, it’s worth attaching it to your exhaust fan and pointing the other end into grow area. This way you’ll get precise measurements of temperature inside your growing area.
On the same time, placing sensors in different places will give you an idea about how well ventilated is your growing area. If there are hot spots around lights or ventilation isn’t strong enough, try installing more powerful ventilation systems such as inline fans or cabinet fans .
The most important thing here is that if one spot is much hotter than others, plants may be cooked thereby hot air, so always try to have uniform temperature across growing area.
Temperature Controller Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Every controller should be wired according to its instruction manual! For example, if temperature sensor is placed on a heater or cooler, heating/cooling coils must be wrapped around the sensor for better contact.
As time goes by you may notice that your equipment’s performance drops down – this can happen because of many reasons such as dust accumulation, broken coil wire insulation, etc. Always check the wiring before calling customer support and remember to clean every hole!
Clean all equipment parts including sensors with soft dry cloth after using it! Some growers even use toothbrushes to reach corners where other devices can’t go through.
Preferred Temperature Range:
Optimal Plant Growth Temperature Range is 70 – 90° Fahrenheit (20-32° Celsius) during the day and 40 – 80° Fahrenheit (5-27° Celsius) at night. It’s worth noting that temperature drops down to 60° F (15° C) encourage plant flowering! On the other hand, higher temperatures may slow plant growth or even damage plants.